- Click the Directory Privacy icon.
- Select the directory you want to password protect by clicking its name or click the folder icon to see directories within the main directories.
- Check the Password Protect box, then create a name for the directory to be protected (this does not need to be the same as the directory name), and click Save.
IMPORTANT: When a user attempts to access the protected directory through a browser, the site will prompt them to enter a username and password. The name that you choose for the protected directory will also display.
- You will now need to create a username and password to be able to access the directory. On the same page scroll down to the Create User section.
- Create a username and password and reenter password in the Create User section.
- Click Save to create the new user.NOTE: The protected directory now has one user who has access to it. Repeat this process for each additional user you want to grant access for.