- Download the WordPress Package from: https://wordpress.org/download/. Leave this package zipped for upload later.
- Create a new MySQL Database & user: https://theknowledgebase.space/?p=56
NOTE: You will need the Database Name, Username, Password, and Database host to setup WordPress.
- Select the proper directory and click the Upload option in the Menu Bar.
NOTE: If installing to a subdomain this will need to be created first.
- Once the file is uploaded it will need to be extracted. Select the file in the File Manager and then click the Extract option from the Menu Bar.
- Enter a directory if you wish to have the files extracted to different directory, then click the Extract File(s) button.
IMPORTANT: The extractor will create a directory called WordPress and extract the the archived files into this folder https://mydomain/wordpress/. If you want your install to be in the Document Root for the Domain, https://mydomain/, you will need to move the files form the WordPress directory to the document root using the move tool in File Manager.
- Once the files have been extracted and moved (if needed), follow the instructions for installing WordPress into your database. The best instructions can be found here from WordPress.org: https://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress#Step_5:_Run_the_Install_Script
If you have Softaculous in your cPanel install you can follow these steps to install WordPress on your site: https://theknowledgebase.space/?p=331